Tuesday, January 11, 2011

NUMBER THREE



I have already blogged about my trip to Japan (see 10 Septembers blog) but I had to put it in my Top 10 for 2010. I was so blessed by the people I met and the baseball I saw and the food I ate and all the memories I was given. I love Japan!
The picture is of Mr. Ito san who played SS with the Leaves (I was a late replacement at 2B). He is a good friend and a hero to play so well at such an age!
BTW: He also played SS for Zimbabwe against me when I coached the Lesotho National Team in Nigeria.
Really, since the late 70's early 80's I have wanted to see my Ham Fighters play in Japan and although I didn't see my team play in person I did see them on TV. And, I was able to see the "World Champion" Marines play. It was a great trip filled with great memories. I can't wait to take JK with me one day soon.

No comments: