Monday, January 3, 2011

NUMBER NINE













NUMBER NINE

I just read that the average American reads 5 books a year and that 27% of Americans don't read even one book a year.
I love to read.
I read over 30 books again this year and thought I'd share my favorites with you.
I read the 2 most recent books by Lee Child and Brad Thor. Brilliant, but I'm drooling - I can't wait to read Tom Clancy's latest book - his first one in over 7 years.
I really enjoyed Radical by David Platt and my pastor - JD Greear's book Breaking the Islam Code. I also recommend the classic Holiness by JC Ryle.
I enjoyed Manhunt: The 12 day chase for Lincoln's killer by James Swanson and Hood by Stephen Lawhead.












By far, the best book I read in 2010 was the biography by Eric Metaxas entitled
Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Prophet, Martyr, Spy.
It's long but a very easy read - packed with excitement and information about a godly man we all should probably know more about.

No comments: