Friday, January 7, 2011

NUMBER FOUR

The 20th of August was one of the greatest days of my life and yet one of the worst days of my life.
It was the day my little girl (punkin' pie) left me to go to the States to finish her SR year and prepare for College.
I joined the ranks of parents who realize how hard it is to admit your children are mature enough that they don't need you (as much) any more! Honestly, it also makes you feel old. Like I said it was a very difficult day.
But, it was also a day of celebration - because it signified (some) success as a parent. We realized that we really did raise of daughter well. She doesn't need us because she has matured. We have done something right - there is growth, maturity, and a need for more independence. All of these things are good.
Well done to my daughter, who in 2010 turned from punkin' pie into a young woman!
We celebrate all that you are and have become as we pray for all that you will be and do.
We miss you but we love you more!



No comments: