Sunday, February 1, 2009

Oat a meal

It's Sunday morning and Joshuwa interrupts my devotional to ask for more oatmeal. We have the instant kind so it's no big deal. Except he wants chocolate and we only have "cardboard flavored" (OK - the box says creamy natural). 
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to add a scoop of Nutella to make my son's day! 
After breakfast is served I hear a chant from the other room.
"My Dad Is The BOMB!!! My Dad Is The BOMB!!! My Dad Is The Bomb!!!"
Here's my point. The devotional I was reading (#16 in Whiter Than Snow by Tripp) suggests we should be praying for prosperity. Tripp says, "When God prospers people who are living for Him, they use that blessing to serve Him all the more, and He gets glory and in this He finds great delight."
It was easy to make oatmeal for Josh. And his special request did not frustrate me - in fact, I enjoyed giving him something special. When he received it he praised me with a really cool song. 
I think I am going to ask God for something special this week so that He gets glory and great delight!

No comments: