Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Little Drummer Boy

I bragged about my daughter's beauty last month, and now I want to brag about my son's skills.
Yesterday at his drum lesson, Joshuwa found out that he passed the TRINITY GUILDHALL Grade 1 Examination. In US terms it would be a 5th grade test. It is the entry level exam but at a much higher level than Joshuwa's actual age.
TRINITY GUILDHALL is a worldwide organization that judges competency in several components, such as - Sight reading, Improvisation, Rudimentary study and playing 2 pieces of music.
I share of of this because (to Joshuwa's instructor's knowledge) Joshuwa is the first pre-schooler in Africa to have earned a passing mark!
Well done my boy!
Actually, I can't brag because he doesn't have any of my genes - but I am so very proud of him.
May Josh develop a passion to praise the LORD "according to His excellent greatness!"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing even if he had your genes he wouldn't be any better a drummer--hitter maybe, musician, not so much.

Darin