Thursday, November 26, 2009

I Count My Blessings

One of my personal Christmas Traditions is to not listen to Christmas music until after I eat the Thanksgiving Feast. Two things happened this year that changed that for me 1) my boss was listening to Christmas music about a month ago (what am I gonna do tell him to turn it off?) and 2) It was freezing cold last week and got me in a Christmas mood (remember it's summer here). All that to say I cheated this year and started listening to Christmas music a week or so early.
Last night on the way home from Baptist Theological College's graduation service I was listening to a great Holiday Jazz CD called Christmas Songs by Diana Krall. One of my favorite CD's from last year. Our family favorite was X Christmas by Various Artists (check it out here but try before you buy). This year I have fallen in love with How Many Kings by Downhere (go to iTunes and download the single right now - I promise it will be the best buck you spend the rest of the year).
Ok, I digress - sorry about that. I'm passionate about my Christmas music.
I was listening to Diana Krall last night and the CD ends with the song Count Your Blessings Instead Of Sheep.
Her lyrics say:
When I'm worried, when I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep.
And I fall asleep counting my blessings.


On this Thanksgiving Day 2009 - what great advice - fall asleep counting your blessings!
I won't wait until I fall asleep to begin thanking the LORD for all He has done in me and through me this year. It might take all day - He's a great God. But, I hope the last thoughts I have are of thankfulness as I fall asleep tonight.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Don't forget to enjoy some Christmas music . . .

No comments: