Sunday, January 25, 2009

Top 5

I read 42 books last year.  
The 5 books I enjoyed the most were (in the order which I read them) . . . 

1) Spurgeon  by  Arnold Dallimore
A great biography on the "Prince of Preachers."
2) The Reason for God  by  Tim Keller
An apologetical classic.
3) Written in Stone  by  Philip Graham Ryken
Best book I have read on the 10 commandments.
I visited Victoria Falls with my in-laws and this book gave me a greater respect for the  missionary who found the falls.
5) The Mission of God  by Christopher J H Wright
Long - but worth it. A fantastic look at missions throughout the Word of God.

My mother-in-law gave me 6 books by Brad Thor. I have loved reading about his hero Scot Harvath. The language is a little rough at times but the story lines are fantastic.

1 comment:

Baba Joshuwa said...

I just saw that Reason was Christianity Today's apologetics award winner for 2008.